About Society & Institute
Swami Ramananda Tirtha
Educational Society was set up in 1992 by a group of highly qualified
and well experienced philanthropists with a motto of serving the
society through educational institutions. Sri Vemireddy Aravinder
Reddy, Businessman by profession is the Chairman of the Society.
Swami Ramananda Tirtha Institute of Science and Technology (SRTIST) was established in the year 1996 with an intention of providing quality technical education to the students of the state in general and Nalgonda district & its surrounding areas in particular. It was the first engineering college in this district and one of the earliest private affiliated colleges of JNTU. The Institute was started with branches viz., Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Engineering with an annual intake of 140 students.
The college has spacious well-designed, adequately furnished and ventilated classrooms. All the laboratories of engineering and sciences are well equipped with the required equipments. The college is facilitated with 125KVA, 75 KVA capacity generators to ensure uninterrupted power supply for the conduct of academic activities. The laboratories and workshops are fully equipped with the state-of-art facilities; particularly the computer centre, CAD/CAM center,Library; Digital Library,
24 x 7( 10 Mbps) Internet connectivity and language labs are value added assets to the college.
The college has accomplished a remarkable growth in the past 17 years. The student's admissions has been growing steadily year-by-year as in the case, in the first cradle year, i.e. 1996 the sanctioned intake was 140, which has now increased to
1092( UG + PG + Diploma ). As the intake of students multiplies, so does the infrastructure of the college, which is constantly under expansion to keep pace with the growing needs and trends of technology. SRTIST enjoys the reputation of being one of the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh and the first Engineering College in Nalgonda District, nestled in serene atmosphere providing quality education.
Our Long Term goals are…
- To become the preferred college of choice for students who do well in EAMCET and be listed among top 25 colleges in AP.
- To achieve 100% results and 100 % placements consistently.
- To evolve as centre par excellence by undertaking national and internationally acknowledged research and development works.
- To evolve as an autonomous and deemed institution
Our Short Term goals are…
- To achieve academic excellence by getting 90 – 100 % pass in the university examinations.
- To have a good record of reputed companies visiting and offering jobs for our students at campus and achieve 80% placements.
- To get Quality Assurance through AICTE.
- To inculcate qualities of integrity, honesty, loyalty and patriotism among the students.
To foster harmonious and cardinal relationship among the management, faculty, staff and students for their respective growth and for establishing congenial academic environment in the college.
Total Annual Intake of this Institution : 1092 ( UG + PG + Polytechnic Diploma ).