Mechanical Engineering Department
About The Department
The Department was established in 1996 with an intake of 60. This Department is the center of attraction of the college. It is one of the strongest department in the college, which is there from its inception and we are pleased to inform that gold medal winner of the college is from our department. The strength of the department lies in the faculty members who are from reputed institutes like IITs and RECs. We are happy to claim that all the staff members are M.Tech and Five of them are doing their research work in different areas.
We also feel proud to announce that our department in top ten among 225 Engineering colleges of AP.
We are sending our department staff to attend refresher courses, short-term courses, and conferences to update their knowledge.
All the laboratories of the department are well established including CAD/CAM Laboratory, which contains advanced equipment like Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machine and sophisticated packages, like CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS, COSMOS, PRO-E2001, ANSYS 8.1, AUTO-CAD 2004, UNIGRAPHICS 17 and HYPERMESH.
We have conducted a state level seminar on “Finite Element Methods (FEM) “ in 2002 and a National level workshop on “Computational Methods in Engineering in 2005.
Present Intake of B.Tech Programme : 120
FEATURES OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
• One of the first batch students itself awarded with TWO GOLD MEDALS among the all colleges affiliated to JNTU.
• To facilitate the students, spacious laboratories were established with cost of Rs. 70 lakhs.
• We have departmental library with sufficient books and CDs.
• We have allotted one staff member as a counsellor for Five students to council the students.
• We have provided the facilities in the laboratory at the ratio of 1:1 (student: equipment)
• Every year latest equipment is added to the laboratories to keep them up-to-date and on par with the best engineering institutions.
• Necessary teaching aids such as models, charts, overhead projectors, and slides are effectively employed.
• The department undertakes consultancy work in material testing.
• Class work is taken sincerely and seriously and syllabus is effectively completed.
• We are providing Auto-Cad training for III B.Tech students, which benefits in future.
• We are arranging in the ratio of 1:15 (faculty: student) and 1:5 (supporting staff: student) in laboratories to easy understanding.
• We have also provided GATE coaching for final students, to get more ranks.
• Through MESA, we are conducting Technical Quiz, seminars and group discussions.
• In the department, the final year students are using our own machinery / equipment for project work.
• We are sending the III – B.Tech. Students for In-Plant training, industrial tours / visits which helps to get more practical knowledge and more confidence.
• We are encouraging the students for paper presentation with monitory benefits and guidance.
Development of Communication Skills
Keeping in a view the needs of the students intending to pursue higher studies in India or abroad and those seeking jobs / entrepreneur opportunities, the department organizes technical seminars, guest lectures.
Industrial Visits The department believes that practical aspects of engineering must be embedded in the students and must be integrated with academic instructions. The department also organizes industrial visits to various establishments in all over India.