Department of Information Technology
HEAD OF THE DEPT.,
About The Department
The Information Technology department was established in 2000. The Department has sufficient number of well qualified staff members.
The computer center is located in Ramananda Block spread over an area of 450 sq.m. There are more than 60 systems with LAN facility and operate on latest operating systems. It also has provision for future expansion upto 60 systems. Internet facility along with Multi-Media is being provided.
• IT WORK SHOPLAB is equipped with Intel Pentium-III Server and 30 Systems.
• PROGRAMMING LAB is equipped with Intel Pentium IV Server and 30 Systems.
• Every Lab is provided with a Printer.
• UPS backup facility is provided for all the Labs with one hour backup. In addition to UPS, an 200 KVA Diesel Generator facility is made available.
• Latest release of all popular compilers, interpreters ,Operating Systems,Application Software are made available.
• Media Library has got all the software documentation / manuals of the software used in computer center.
Industrial Visits & Industrial Training
The department believes that practical aspects of engineering must be embedded in the students and must be integrated with academic instructions. The department also organizes industrial visits to various organizations all over India.
Most number of staff from the department were deputed to attend summer and winter courses.
In order to fill the gap in between Industry requirements and University Curriculum, Department is conducting several number of Expert Lectures and separate training programs are conducted for the Final Year students.
• Proposed MOU's with few more Software Companies.
• BTSS Pvt Ltd is a leading IT solutions provider to the maritime industry. BTSS has invested heavily in research and development to build its own proprietary solutions dedicated to the bunker supply chain. BTSS core focus is integrating best practices and industry domain knowledge with innovative and tested technologies. BTSS is providing bridge course training on .Net and Java for final year students. Some of final B.Tech students are doing
• We have an MOU with ERP Analysts , a US Based Software Company in India. They are conducting the 3I Program in our College campus and guiding our students in doing their Final Projects.
• Co-Curricular Activities :
Students are encouraged to participate in Technical Paper contests conducted by various colleges.