Computer Science & Engineering Department
HEAD OF THE DEPT.,
About The Department
The Computer Science & Engineering Department was established in 1996 with an intake of 60.
The current Intake of the B.Tech Programme is 120.The Department has sufficient number of well qualified staff members.
The Computer center is located in Ramananda Block spread over an area of 450 sq.m. There are more than 200 systems with LAN facility and operate on latest operating systems. It also has provision for future expansion upto 60 systems. Internet facility along with Multi-Media is being provided.
• MMWD & OOSE are equipped with Two Servers running on Windows 2000 and RedHat Linux 9.0 and are connected with 60 Intel Pentium-IV terminals.
• CP LAB is equipped with Intel Pentium-III Server and 30 Systems.
• OS & SP LAB is equipped with Digital Server running on Windows NT connected with 30 clients.
• Every Lab is provided with a Printer.
• UPS backup facility is provided for all the Labs with one hour backup. In addition to UPS, an 200 KVA Diesel Generator facility is made available.
• Latest release of all popular compilers, interpreters ,Operating Systems,Application Software are made available.
• Media Library has got all the software documentation / manuals of the software used in computer center.
The CSE Department is the center of attraction of the College.
It is the best department among all.
Teaching learning process is very effective and unparalleled industry institute interaction.
Necessary teaching aids such as Overhead Projectors(OHP's),LCD’s are effectively employed.
One of our student has secured 54th rank in 2004 GATE exam.
M. TECH PROGRAMME:
• The Department was started the M. Tech. (CSE) course with an intake of 18 during the academic year of 2007-08.
• Presently the Department has M. Tech. (CSE) course with an annual intake of 24 seats
• All the M. Tech. courses are handled by the Department staff efficiently.
Industrial Visits & Industrial Training
The department believes that practical aspects of engineering must be embedded in the students and must be integrated with academic instructions. The department also organizes industrial visits to various organizations all over India.
Most number of staff from the department were deputed to attend summer and winter courses.
In order to fill the gap in between Industry requirements and University Curriculum, Department is conducting several number of Expert Lectures and separate training programs are conducted for the Final Year students.
• Proposed MOU's with few more Software Companies.
• BTSS Pvt Ltd is a leading IT solutions provider to the maritime industry. BTSS has invested heavily in research and development to build its own proprietary solutions dedicated to the bunker supply chain. BTSS core focus is integrating best practices and industry domain knowledge with innovative and tested technologies. BTSS is providing bridge course training on .Net and Java for final year students. Some of final B.Tech students are doing
• We have an MOU with ERP Analysts , a US Based Software Company in India. They are conducting the 3I Program in our College campus and guiding our students in doing their Final Projects.
Co-Curricular Activities :
Students are encouraged to participate in Technical Paper contests conducted by various colleges.
Other facilities provided by CSE
The college has provided the website with name www.srtist.ac.in for the facility of students. In the website we are placing all the information pertaining to the college.
We have Internet connection with 2 Mbps(24 Hrs) from Aksh Broadband and 2Mbps(24 Hrs) from BSNL Broadband..
III. DIGITAL LIBRARY
Digital Library facility is made available with 30 systems and High End HP-ML 350 G3 Server with Intel Xeon processor with 2GB RAM to serve at high speeds.
Facility Provided by Digital Library:
1. Staff and students can browse around 200 National and International Journals, Magazines and e-Books.
2. Students can access course materials, electronic databases and reference materials.
Academic performance of CSE
The performance of CSE students has been excellent. Many of them are placed in MNC’s and gone to abroad to do the master program. Many of our students are doing M.Tech’s in Reputed Universities. We have a very good number of Alumni and department also maintains Alumni information about our previous students.
One of the students from 2006 batch has done this Intranet System in the College and is implemented successfully. It helps the department to communicate with other departments by sending and receiving messages and also provides facility to send and receive files.